Friday, October 21, 2011

Lost and Found, A Tooth Story

This all started when I called the kids to the table. After working all afternoon on it, Isabella's bottom tooth is ready to fall/be pulled out. So I asked her if we should pull it before we sit down to eat.
"No," she said, "I don't think it's ready".
"Dang", I think, I know what's coming.
After the first bite she starts crying.
"Is it your tooth?" I ask. "Do you want me to pull it out?"
"Uh hum" she mumbles, still crying with a very bloody mouth.
"Ok", I finished chewing and move over to her side of the table. I tried and failed a couple of times. She wants me to stop, so I move back to my chair. Another bite, more crying and wailing. Again I move to her side and after a few more tries I get it out.
Happiness on her part, I'm just wondering if I'll be able to continue eating.
With her tooth in hand, I go to the bathroom sink to brush it. Our tooth-fairy is very picky, she wants the teeth to be very clean, thoroughly washed, before we put them under the pillow.
Uh oh! If you are thinking "bad idea, she could drop the tooth in the sink", you are right. I did!
Wails from the kitchen, "mom, why did you had to wash it?"
I said, "Don't worry the tooth-fairy will still give you money!"
Bella, still crying like it's the end of the world, "I wanted to see it!"

What to do next? I know, maybe I should go under the sink and check the pipes to see if for some miracle it is still lodge in there, and not on its way to the ocean. I proceed to loosen the pipes. Lucky me! Problem solved, everybody's happy, but now I'm sickish. That was disgusting. I hope I don't have to check for anything inside those pipes, ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment