Thursday, December 15, 2011

Adios to my dad, Juan

Juan just died a few weeks ago. I was there touching his arm, holding his shoulder as he breathed his last three breaths. I kissed his cheeks and said a prayer. I know my loved ones, already gone, where there to receive and guide him. I have never before felt death so close, lurking around just waiting. I have never been so glad to see someone finally rest.
I love Juan very much, and I am sorry that he is not around.
But I'm more sorry for my mom, whose companion is no longer around.
Mami is lonely, and sad, but as always, life goes on.
Adios to my dad, Juan.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to be there. I bet that your family was really glad to have you home. I miss you so much since you guys have left Utah....I bet it's even worse for your family since they have known you longer (but I doubt they can love you more!) I am sad for your mom. That would be a hard thing to go through. I hope she is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete