Thursday, December 1, 2011

Baby Hats

On Pinterest (have you heard about this....because you need to get on so I can follow you!) I keep seeing these adorable newborn pictures of babies in cute hats. So I decided to learn how to make some for my own future newborn. (NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!) Thankfully my sister-in-law was about to have a baby, so I was able to practice on hats for her baby. Unfortunately when I took these pictures I didn't have a baby to dress up.....I'm hoping the hats will be cuter when they are actually on a baby head.

This first hat is a "Munchkin Hat"



Than I made a hat with ear flaps and braids down the side....

The hats actually turned out well enough that I'm excited to try again. And they are surprisingly fast to make (at least compared to blankets!) I made a blanket too....but I forgot to get a picture of it. If N. Carolina is cold enough in the winter, maybe we can make some cute hats for them!

1 comment:

  1. Liz, did I tell you that I've been practicing my crochet? I will be taking my needles and some yarn to Utah in one day and a half!
    Cute hats!

    ReplyDelete