Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

Saturday morning we went to the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens in Nashville. I didn't take my camera so there are only 2 pictures, and they are not the best. Actually the trip was a flop. The Easter Egg Hunts were mostly for 5 year olds and younger, so we didn't get any eggs there, they had lots of vendors (face painting, balloon animals, etc) who would only take cash, which we didn't want to buy anyways since we had just spent $45 to get in, and it was full of people, so it was not fun like I thought should be...and maybe that's why they don't look too happy. (Isabella is going for the Bohemian look with the jacket half draped over her shoulder)

 So as soon as we got home I got the food "paint" ready and the water boiling. I needed to redeem myself from the earlier fiasco so I boiled eggs and we began painting eggs, fingers, hands, etc. It was really fun. (Find the hidden chick in the picture)



Triumphant!





Early this morning Aiden and Bella had their Easter Egg Hunt in our living room. It was raining outside...and we were too lazy to put the eggs outside... It was just not a good idea since the eggs were all boiled (I didn't buy any plastic eggs). The bunny did leave a nice small bucket with good chocolate eggs and bunnies plus a few toys. 
Egg hunt
Dressed up for church








Friday, March 30th Aiden lost his first tooth. Right after we saw the movie "The Rise of the Guardians" very appropriate since the movie is about tooth fairies, etc... and by "lost" I meant I pulled it out as soon as I realized his permanent tooth started to come in behind the baby one. He got 3 dollars for it. The tooth fairy ignored a note left by Isabella which read something like Aiden wants $10 for it and she did also.
Aiden placing his baby tooth under the pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment