Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Food - Created by Liz

The Chicken Broccoli Wraps were DELICIOUS! (At least according to me, if not to everyone who ate it.) Andrew wasn't home, so I decided to make it for my parents. I already knew that Dad wasn't a big fan of broccoli, so my mom suggested we make his without. Of course, he is very polite and would never tell me he didn't like the food, I noticed that he didn't eat the chicken.....and without chicken or broccoli, all you really have is a soggy tortilla. Oh well, my mom said that she liked it....and she did have half of a second one, so I think I will believe her. I am planning on making them again for Andrew, hopefully he will like them because they are super yummy and super easy to make.



The Chocolate Zucchini Cake was a pretty standard Chocolate Cake, I don't think it stood out to me in any way as special or as disgusting. As I was making the cake I noticed that I was short 1 egg....so I substituted for 1 tablespoon of light miracle whip. It seemed to work out all right. For frosting I bought a "fudge Chocolate w/ mini chocolate chips" frosting. I think it may have been a touch too much and if I make this cake again, I will use a lighter frosting.

3 comments:

  1. I can't find my pictures for August food. I even remember starting to write about it and saving the draft to finish at a later time but I have not idea where it when. I made the chicken broccoli wraps but instead of broccoli I had to use mushrooms and peppers. Now I know what you are thinking "what the...? it was not planned, I actually bought the broccoli the day before and everything but after I had to chicken ready and went to the fridge to get the broccoli it was moldy. There was gray moldy spot growing out of the broccoli, gross...and that is why I had to change in the last minute to mushroom chicken wrap. It was ok but it would have been a lot better with broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww....moldy broccoli is gross! I'm beginning to notice a trend where you don't make my recipes...only your own recipes, what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I know it looks as if I was only doing my recipes but that is not the case...not really or at lease not intentional so I will proceed to explain: you know that I love to make desserts, so I quite often have a few sweets in my fridge. Every time I was thinking of doing your zucchini I had some other chocolate thing at home and I am trying, very unsuccessfully, to eat less desserts...also I kept forgetting to buy zucchinis.

    ReplyDelete