Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby Blanket

Here is a blanket I crocheted for Karston. I started it last Fall, right after we found out we were having a boy. I was almost finished with it at Christmas, but when we brought home a puppy, I put it away. I had heard that yarn was really dangerous for puppies since they like to chew and eat EVERYTHING and yarn could get wrapped around their intestines and whatnot.....so this project got put away and forgotten about. Then last month I decided it was time to finish it. It's fairly skiwampish, however every time I try to crochet a blanket I do get a little bit better and this is my best so far. I remember the first time I tried to make a baby blanket, it was the FUGLIEST thing I had ever seen. No way did I want to keep it, but it seemed sad to throw all of that hard work away, so I gave it to my sister-in-law after her baby was born. I do hope she did what I couldn't, and threw it away the first chance she got. This is my first real attempt at "granny squares" it was easier to attach them then I had thought it was going to be. All in all I do enjoy crocheting, hopefully someday I'll be FREAKIN' AWESOME at it!


PS - When I bought the yarn, I didn't buy baby yarn because they didn't have baby yarn in the colors I wanted, so I bought other yarn that I thought was soft.....turns out the yarn is not very much on the soft side. Do you think if I rinse it in Deft and Fabric Softener the yarn will become soft?

No comments:

Post a Comment