Friday, February 17, 2012

Week 7--A walk, food, and Tiny, the dog

Today, Friday, Feb 17th, we went for a walk, Jared didn't work since it is Presidents weekend. Aiden and Bella wanted to collect specimens to look in the microscope. Well, soon after we started to walk the kids decided it was a good day to ride their bikes so they ran back home to get them, the collecting science kit was handed to Jared to hold and soon forgotten. It was a nice walk. The dog satisfied his smelling needs, I hope, and we had a good 20 minutes of family outside time. We do go outside often but usually only to jump on the trampoline or pick up the mail. I'm glad Spring is almost here, I love to walk outside in the Spring time. I love to walk in the Fall and early Summer mornings also. I just love to walk as long as it's not to cold. My family does not like to go on walks, they are crazy!
This is me, I am not crazy, I like to go on walks
Yesterday I made German pancakes for breakfast
Don't be fooled by his face,he liked them, he actually had thirds




Now that I mentioned the dog. He is also crazy. Said dog, named Tiny, had an accident in our sun-room yesterday. Why? I have not the slightest idea. I let him out a few times in the morning, before leaving for a couple of hours, I had lunch at Panera Bread with the children. When we came back there was a "surprise"waiting for us. I confronted Tiny and he pretended he had no idea of what I was talking about, so I had to led him to the "crime scene", then he showed signs of being ashamed. I trust he was. I was a little mad, and I would have put him out, but it was raining and he doesn't really like to get wet, if he ever does it again I will definitely put him out (unless it's raining).
Doesn't he looks sorrowful?
And now more food. While we continue to try to eat mainly vegan food sometimes I add fish and eggs to our food, usually on the weekends. During the week we eat a lot of beans, humus, polenta, vegetables, etc. Vegetable stir-fry has become a staple at our house, spring rolls were a nice addition, which Jared hasn't tried yet since he was away the 2 times I cooked them. I also cook a vegetable curry stew often, and of course rice and beans. We have discovered that vegan sausage is pretty good, and also vegan "ground beef"  is a pretty close alternative to the regular stuff. We are satisfied with our meals, although I need to add more recipes to my repertoire. This is pasta with imitation crab (it would have been vegan except for the imitation crab, that was just fishy) spinach and tomato, quite delicious.
I added al dente pasta to the buttery sauce and the final result was great!


Jared is home he just doesn't always makes it in the pictures

3 comments:

  1. Karston was looking at the your pictures as I read the post....he said "Edda!" Then 'Bella" "Aiden" he didn't know your dogs name and he insists Jared's name is "TJ" I love your apron! I'm glad Jared's home. And any easy healthy meal recipes you have, feel encouraged to send them on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you want this recipe, here it is; noodles any kinds you like, I used orecchiette pasta, they looked like small flat circles or "ears". For the sauce I got 2 TBLP of olive oil, one TBLP of healthy choice margarine or butter, a couple of tomatoes cut up and the seeded (I squished the seeds out), spinach (I used frozen because that is all I had) and I added some imitation crab (made out of different types of fish and natural crab flavor? I don't know why but I like it)
    I sauteed some garlic in the oil and butter mixture then added the veggies and finally the cooked pasta. The results were delicious as I already mentioned. (You can substitute the crab with pretty much anything, ground meat, sausage, etc.)

    ReplyDelete