Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 8: More healthy eating and a little fun

This week I'm trying a new app. It is called "My fitness pal". I think I like it. Ok I know I like it, and I have been using it for the past few days. I don't know for how long I will use it. It is a somewhat attention demanding app because I have to post all the food I eat, drink, and the exercises I do. Of course I don't really have to do any of those things, but for now, I want to. Since I have been very aware of all of those aforementioned things I may be loosing a few pounds in the next few weeks, the app asked for goal-weight so I set a goal to loose 7lb, and at this rate I will loose them by the end of March. My plan is to continue to do my best, not because loosing 7 lbs is that important but because I have actually put a lot of thought into what I'm eating and drinking, and for quite a while I have noticed that I eat mindlessly, even when I'm not really hungry and then I don't feel my best (physically, I can't go to bed with a full stomach, I sleep poorly when I do). Also, when I think of something great that I want to have, usually dessert, all I have to do is exercise enough to "gain" extra calories. Like today I knew that I was going to indulge with a root-beet float after dinner and so I spent 20 + minutes doing aerobics, and I joined the kids at the trampoline even though I didn't really felt like jumping, and now I don't feel guilty, I may even have a few more calories to spare, which I will not use just in case I'm not being accurate in my food diary.
Fruit salad, very delicious!

If you have been reading my blog you may know that I'm trying to cut most of the dairy, and meat food from our diet. I must say that I'm doing ok, not great, but good enough that I feel good about my food choices. My dinners and specially my lunches look very colorful. We usually only eat meat or animal products and dairy on the weekends with a few slip-ups. The slip ups are mainly because I don't want to feel to restricted and get tired of my healthy foods.
Here we are enjoying our fruit salad and french bread and tortilla chips with humus

yesterday we tried my homemade spring-rolls, again, Aiden didn't enjoy them as much as Bella and I did

Today we went to the Sandhill Horticultural gardens with their friend John and my friend Andrea (his mom)

we had great time at the garden, it was nice, quiet, the temperature was perfect, even though unbeknownst to us there was a tornado warning for our area
and now it is time for bed
so Good night!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your blog and see pictures of the kids. you are inspiring me to make healthier choices. so keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete