Thursday, January 6, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup

I already made this soup and I, and every member of the family, really liked it. The kids even ask for seconds.


1Tbsp Shallot (I used an onion instead, about 1/4 of it)
1 Clove garlic, pressed or minced
3 cups butternut squash, peeled and seeded
1/2 cup of fat-free chicken broth, low sodium. (I used a lot more broth)

Saute the shallot (onion) in a deep pan in some olive oil (approximately 1 Tbsp) over medium heat.
Once onions are clear add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
Then add broth and butternut squash. Simmer until the squash is soft (about 20 minutes)
Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree.
Return to pan and heat through before serving. Serves 2 to 4.
I used used more of all the ingredients but not quite double the recipe that's why I'm not sure how many it will serve. Also, I make my own broth like concoction which consist of boiling chicken breast for a while with a little salt and pepper until the liquid "not so clear". I don't really like too much a strong chicken taste.
Experiment and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment