Friday, January 21, 2011

A Picture of Pears

I started this picture a few days ago. We bought pears and I really liked their shape, so I decided to make a 
"A Picture of Pears". Well, when I was half way through, I mentioned to Jared that I needed to make the colors a little litghter, they were looking a little too dark and they didn't look like pears unless I changed the color, so Jared nice and thoughtful that he is, mentioned how "they would look a little more like pears if I hadn't chosen the ugliest pears in the bunch". I must say that it is not that I chose to paint the ugly ones, we just ate the pretty ones before I could paint them.
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the painting! Though I agree that the two pears in the back don't look much like pears...if you made me guess I would say the one was a green pepper laying on it's side, and the other was maybe a papaya. How did you do the white pear? Is it catalog pages? I like that one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I ripped long pieces from a catalog page. I wanted to do more pears like that but was afraid that they will compete with each other. I did think that they looked a little like papayas, but I don't actually mind.
    I want to make more collages but I need better, more interesting paper than catalog pages.

    ReplyDelete