Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I need to do something more

Today I watched my boy eat so happily, his feet where dangling, moving back and forward. A small smile on his face as he munched away. Heavenly! It made me wish I could see all the children eat so happily.
Such a happy tranquil moment was tainted with sadness. I am not depressed, I just feel a little powerless, and frivolous with all my spending. I want to do something more, but there are so many charities that missuse their money...I want to find something to do, someone to help...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I have such an awesome and amazing sister-in-law who is such a great example to me in how to be a wonderful mom and raise children who can simply be happy! I'm also glad to have a sister-in-law who cares about other people and wants to help others. Good luck! I agree it can be overwhelming trying to figure out what you can do to make a difference. Sometimes communities have a website with ideas on how you can serve in your community. Sometimes Relief Society Presidents or Primary Presidents can help you identify any families in your ward that might need help. Good luck! Let me know what you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz for your comment!
    Here is what I did, that same day I went online to look for a good charity. I found a site that rates non-profit organizations. The only charities that make the list are those which spend at least 75% of their money in the program and are rated from A to B-. (Jared reminded me to research the charity before I donated any money to it).
    I donated a small amount of money on it and decided to donate at least once monthly. Although I know it is not much, I feel happier helping. Next step will be to find a place to volunteer in my area.

    ReplyDelete